Sunday 30 January 2011

Weight loss results, my progress record


I wanted to show you this chart. I kept a record of my weight loss progress. It was a way of keeping track of where I was on my way to my target weight. I had seen some examples of these charts, so I wanted to be able to reassure myself if things slowed down or if I hit a weightloss plateau. 

On many diets, you start losing weight rapidly but this slows down. I think this is a natural thing because one of the facts about losing weight is that a lighter person needs fewer calories than a heavier one. At the beginning of a weight loss plan, you will be consuming more calories than you will later on. Keeping records, weighing myself often, were part of my plan to get a good idea about my body and how it consumed energy, how my weight would fluctuate. This is a good idea because even over the course of a day, you will see your weight rise and fall. I recorded my weight first thing because this was usually the lowest weight I would be at during a day.

Look at the graph I attached at the top. There are a few hiccups along the line, because there were a few days when I didn't lose any weight or even put some back. Nevertheless the overall path of that line is remarkably straight. There was almost no discernible change in the rate at which I lost weight over the course of the period covered. 

Look at the date line along along the bottom. The whole thing took just two and a half months. 

I would like you to be inspired by my success. I can't guarantee you the same results that I had. No diet will do the work for you. You will need to be motivated and you will do better if you are supported by your friends and loved ones. You need to be honest with yourself and confident to follow the plan. I am showing you what can be done, because I did it. I hope you will be able to achieve something comparable, or perhaps something even better!   

No comments:

Post a Comment