Friday 28 January 2011

Positive Protein Days

Part of the deal with the Dukan Diet is the Protein Days. Dr Dukan, who has found that his clients (he says patients) respond best to clear instructions, recommends choosing Thursday as the day. During the Cruise phase, every other day is a protein day. After the cruise, during the Consolidation and the Stabilisation - in other words forever - part of the deal is to choose that one day of the week when you only eat lean proteins from the groups in the first part of the plan. In fact there are further restrictions when the other six days are free from any rules other than ones own good sense and the knowledge gained losing weight.

This one day is enough to keep you on track. My weight oscilates like everyone's. It has stayed in a fairly narrow range however. I believe it is the Protein Day which keeps things running that smoothly.

Yesterday was Thursday and I try to stick to that day as the one. If other factors make this impossible, then I'll move it, but only to Wednesday or Friday. Maybe one day even this won't fit my schedule, but for now it is working well.

For breakfast I had my usual fresh-brewed coffee and an oat bran galette with fromage frais and smoked salmon. I took a packed lunch to work. I made a tuna salad from a can of tuna in brine, mixed with fat free fromage frais, some slices of pickled ginger, a couple of pickles and a pickled chili, all well seasoned. I also had a couple of hard boiled eggs and some plane fat free yoghurt. I also had the ubiquitous bottle of water.

For dinner my wife prepared some marinaded grilled chicken breasts and poached eggs. I followed this with a couple of fruit fat free yoghurts. During the day I drank some black coffee and plenty of water. Yesterday morning I weighed 76.8kg, which was fine anyway. This morning I weigh 75.9kg. I just did the maths for my American readers! 169lbs yesterday, down to 167lbs today! No hunger, no suffering. A little self control when the kids are eating biscuits after school. The food I ate was tasty and satisfying.

These rapid continuous results are what keep me convinced this plan was the best thing for me. Today I'll be having a sandwich for lunch with one of those cold sliced chicken breasts, and dinner will be something special - perhaps there'll be a salad and some other vegetables. I'll enjoy some nice Cantal cheese we bought the other day with some more wholemeal bread. 

I have no fear of the scales tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment