Wednesday 19 January 2011

Surprises which come from losing weight

There are some amazing things which happen when you lose weight. I mentioned the smug feeling you get when people comment back in a post entitled "Enjoy the fruits of losing weight" which I posted back on 11 December last year.


A few other thoughts on that. Obviously I'm slimmer. So much so that hardly any of my clothes fit properly - except those I've bought since losing weight of course! The things I didn't expect, because I didn't think about it, are my watches and rings becoming loose. "Rings"! I only wear two, my wedding band and a ring which was my father's engagement ring. They were virtually stuck on my hands before, yet now slip off easily. I never thought I had fat hands!


My collar bone has reappeared. 


More significant changes are that I find I have to arrange my chair differently at work. I get closer to my desk! This is very important and has meant I am much more comfortable when I work. At first I didn't realise what had happened and wondered why my arms were stretched out. As a result the minor backache which bothered me has gone. Driving is more comfortable. I have so much more room in the car.


My energy levels have improved. I have more stamina and don't get tired so quickly. I guess when I was lugging those extra forty pounds around I was wearing myself out.  I walk further, more comfortably.


a few other health issues. I was prone to "pins and needles". Laying in bed I would have to be careful how I lay to ensure I didn't find my arm going numb. This difficulty has simply gone. My used to tell my I snored. Of course I never believed her, but now she says I don't. My weight lose has affected either her hearing or my snoring...

All these extra bonuses were totally unexpected. There is a word that I have used too often here, but it is significant: "comfortable". That is the key. I didn't particularly realise how uncomfortable it was to be so fat because I'd gained the weight over a number of years and found ways to accommodate the inconvenience. Shedding the fat has rid me of a burden I didn't realise I had and now I am reaping benefits I never expected! If you need any further motivation, there it is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment