Saturday 1 January 2011

Appreciating what have I achieved

Every now and again something happens which brings home the magnitude of what I achieved when I lost weight.

We're back in our UK home for Christmas and New Year, so I try to get a few jobs done around the house. We ordered some mirrors and when they were delivered they have sat in their boxes waiting. We decided they should be put up.

The mirrors are from Laura Ashley and are known as Beth in their catalogue. Very elegant, ornate frames and very heavy. I had to ask my son to help me manhandle them to line them up on the wall and work out where to put the mounts. They really were difficult to carry on my own.

I checked on the packaging and the net weight of the mirrors was 18kg. That's how much weight I lost.

The shape of the mirrors doesn't make them easy to move about but when I think that I was lugging that much excess baggage around everywhere I went before it is no wonder I feel so much better today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment