Tuesday 28 December 2010

Diet stocktake after Christmas

It's the 28th December. A bank holiday in England because Christmas fell at the weekend. We don't get as many holidays as our European neighbours, but we never lose them if they fall on the Weekend... So the holiday isn't over. I was away at Christmas and enjoyed the hospitality and the delicious and abundant cooking of my sister-in-law. I decided Christmas day would be the day I had my "Celebration Meal" this week - not unreasonable! Boxing Day I was more prudent, but indulged a little more than the Dukan Diet's Consolidation Phase would normally permit. I have been a little flexible throughout this phase and I am now in week eleven. I reach the halfway stage next week, when I am allowed some more indulgence. 

I couldn't weigh myself at my brother's. This morning was the first time I was able to check my weight since Christmas morning before we left. That morning I was 76.3kg. This morning 76.8kg. I'm quite pleased with this because my weight range since I reached target has been wider than this. I have found myself a little heavier on certain mornings without the Christmas temptations. 

Is this proof? I have enjoyed my Christmas and eaten well. I certainly didn't consume the excess that is apparently the choice of an average Briton: whether it's 6,000 or 9,000 calories or somewhere in between, it's to much! I did however eat more than usual. I have maintained control without depriving myself at all. The plan works.

Next I have to get past the New Year.

The longer I go staying withing the range I have set myself, the more confident and the happier I feel.

Merry Christmas, readers!  

No comments:

Post a Comment